Riveting the Browning receiver.

After all the necessary prep work, I was ready to shoot the rivets.

I’ve learned my lesson. The main trunnion rivets are a bear. They are too thick to really do with an air rivet gun. With the help of my awesome Girlfriend (she helped me rivet and buck rivets, in our hot and sweaty hangar, for 2 hours straight, on a Sunday afternoon! That’s hardcore!!) I got all the rivets in place.

I mushroomed the main trunnion ones out as far as I could, and with a good metal backing, I ended up seating them into the countersink with a heavy hammer. That was quick work.


After all the rivets were in and bucked, the ones in a countersink hole had to be ground flush.

Once all the grinding was done, I took her home again and re-attached the top cover, back plate, and barrel shroud with booster. And set her in my tripod.


And it looked surprisingly good in the living room as well…

This is seriously where it sat for about a week, until I took it apart and sandblasted the receiver and barrel shroud, to be shot in Aluma Hyde II.

But that’s for another update.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s